Click your heels together, there's no place like...

I dream of the day when we are home. Not in the heavenly sense but when we officially move to the city. Some times it seems odd to do something that is contrary to what everyone is doing but I've always been kind of an odd duck. 

The city always has felt like home.  I seem to breathe a little deeper and my head seems a little clearer in the city. I'm not oblivious to it's danger but I see the beauty through the ashes. I feel the heartbeat, strong and steady. It never gives up. It's like the under dog boxer who gets knocked down but has every intention of getting up, till the last count, this city says "I will". 

The city needs love and Jesus. It needs a smile and hope. It needs people to say "I believe in you, every day".

My address might not currently say "Detroit" but it will. Soon enough, but my heart always will.

Comments