Family Weekend

My cousin turned 60 this year, so to celebrate, we all came up North to my cousin's cabin to celebrate, yesterday we went shopping and just hung out together. We went into West Branch and Gaylord.

Ohmyword we went into this antique type store, but really it just looked like a giant store of junk, they had some cool stuff but all that stuff was driving me crazy.  Just a bunch of stuff that people just don't need, for prices they shouldn't pay.

Its been nice to chill out and relax even though I never really ever stop, and i've had to work some of the time, I got about 120 bags stuffed for Haiti, just need to add a balloon and a toothbrush and the bags are ready to go and I am thankful because I have more to make!  It makes my heart so happy to be able to help others even if it's just for a moment.  I CANNOT WAIT to smooch my muffins!

Part of life is being in the moment, just hanging out with the people you're with and I am so thankful for my time with my family. Last night we laid in bed and my cousin told me stories about my momma, it made my heart so happy.  I love and miss my momma and the only stories I have are the ones others tell me.

When my daughter was little I took a lot of pictures, and I tend to take a lot of pictures now, and sometimes she'd make faces like "mmmooooommmmm" and she might even make those same faces, but I always wanted to have lots of memories for Phyllis in case I didn't make it too long in my life.

We have a few more days together and I am thankful :)

Comments