Finish Strong!

People sign up for a lot of things and get excited! They do 75% of the work and then... Finish weak or don't finish at all.

It's mission trip season and to be honest I'm ready to just go! In the next nine weeks, I will be gone 4 on mission trips. Which is so exciting! It was been 4 long months of a lot of work! And I'm exhausted! I chose this and I love it but I can't for the life of me figure out why people can't just do what they are supposed to (like turn their paperwork in ON TIME!). 

And then I say to myself just like I'd say to anyone else, sister, finish strong!

God called me to do this, I was made for such a time as this and I must stay close to Him, do what I know to do, all the way until the end - strong.

I've learned a few important lessons over to the years... Stay consistent and rest, set goals, and check them frequently to stay on track. 

My life was not meant to mimic a bottle rocket. Someone lights me up, I get all crazy, really loud and fizzle out. 

More likely I was meant for my life to be like an ever burning campfire.
Start the fire, get it nice and hot- read The Word, pray
People in my life help to keep it going - things like encouragement
Keep people warm - encouraging others
Nourish their lives - Marshmallows - I mean i know you can cook other things on a fire - but marshmallows - YUM!
Keep it going - do the work to get the job done again read The Word, pray
Let it burn, get nice and hot (rest)
Maybe poke it a time or two to redistribute the fire (sometimes we need to change direction in our goals, get us a little "Fired up".
Camp fires of tended to, can burn a really long time and can spread like wildfire. Their effects can be
seen for a long time.

I want what I do to have an eternal affect, bring Glory to God, and finish strong & well.







Comments