Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Monday, June 16, 2014

Finish Strong!

People sign up for a lot of things and get excited! They do 75% of the work and then... Finish weak or don't finish at all.

It's mission trip season and to be honest I'm ready to just go! In the next nine weeks, I will be gone 4 on mission trips. Which is so exciting! It was been 4 long months of a lot of work! And I'm exhausted! I chose this and I love it but I can't for the life of me figure out why people can't just do what they are supposed to (like turn their paperwork in ON TIME!). 

And then I say to myself just like I'd say to anyone else, sister, finish strong!

God called me to do this, I was made for such a time as this and I must stay close to Him, do what I know to do, all the way until the end - strong.

I've learned a few important lessons over to the years... Stay consistent and rest, set goals, and check them frequently to stay on track. 

My life was not meant to mimic a bottle rocket. Someone lights me up, I get all crazy, really loud and fizzle out. 

More likely I was meant for my life to be like an ever burning campfire.
Start the fire, get it nice and hot- read The Word, pray
People in my life help to keep it going - things like encouragement
Keep people warm - encouraging others
Nourish their lives - Marshmallows - I mean i know you can cook other things on a fire - but marshmallows - YUM!
Keep it going - do the work to get the job done again read The Word, pray
Let it burn, get nice and hot (rest)
Maybe poke it a time or two to redistribute the fire (sometimes we need to change direction in our goals, get us a little "Fired up".
Camp fires of tended to, can burn a really long time and can spread like wildfire. Their effects can be
seen for a long time.

I want what I do to have an eternal affect, bring Glory to God, and finish strong & well.







No comments: