Here we go!

I debated on whether I should write this or not...

Probably if you've met me you know I love my life planning my next mission trip but relax I believe my life is one giant mission trip and sometimes I just travel :)

Some people think it's odd that we drive from downriver to Detroit on a mission trip. They are right, it's not very far. But there is much work to be done in Detroit. 

Yesterday someone I know went a little crazy on me... Apparently she wasn't a fan of one of the people who invest in one of the ministries we are working with. And she was going to let me know about it. And.... What about how much money our government has sent to Haiti? Where is it all? How should I know? But I know that when I see the faces of the children I never think of those things. 

Well... I can't help the behavior of one man, nor can I answer for what happened to all that money.

I can't answer for them. I can answer for me and sometimes I don't even want to do that. You know I've got a big mouth and sometimes a very jaded heart but God is working in me!

I know that my life was meant to change the world even if it's just a small very little corner of it. 

I know that the city of Detroit is dangerous, I know I am to love right where and maybe change the life of someone or the lives of a couple people and hopefully His love will spread like wildfire.

I love the Mother Teresa quote:

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

I love this poem, it reminds me that I am called to do great things even if those things no one sees or even understands.  

It's the weekend before the first mission trip of the summer and it's the biggest craziest one! It's been nuts lately but it's been good and it's what I'm called to do.  I'm excited and nervous! 

Am I ready? As ready as I am at this time before a mission trip. Lots of stuff still left to do but it will get done before we go :)

And here we go!

Comments