Little things

It may seem sooooo silly but I make homemade dressing. It tastes so much better than store bought (even the packet kind).

I was just making Italian dressing for pasta salad this morning and for a minute I thought "I wish I had a bottle of Italian dressing and then I thought "no you don't, that's not nearly as good".  So I whipped up some Italian dressing and poured it over.

Today we leave for the Detroit mission trip, it's one of my favorite trips of the year and I think it's funny because one of the first questions I get on any trip is "are you cooking?" For this trip the answer is always yes. 

I love serving the kids who serve the city. Yes, we grate the cheese fresh, daily cut veggies, make homemade chocolately chex mix, homemade dressing, and from scratch Mac&cheese. That's how it is in these parts. It's yummier and cheaper. And even though it's more work it's worth it.
I'm excited about this trip and the calmest I've ever been before we leave. We've done lots of changes to make this trip the best it can be, but one thing will never change...

Excellence honors God and is a reflection of His character.

Please keep us in prayer. That my kids (and the adults) will be Jesus to a broken city that needs Him so much. That they will encounter Him in ways they never have before. That their hearts will surrender to Him and serve Him all their days.

Please also pray for my feet. It's a long week on them constantly. 

And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. (Isaiah 58:10 NIV)

Comments