Living simply, being filled up!



There are a lot of things that happened while I was in Haiti and some time I spent up with my friends in Buckley. 

I have learned to live with less.  

I have lived in abudance, and honestly it makes life complicated.  

What do I do with all this STUFF?

Well, first I sold and donated A LOT OF IT! (And I still have so much left!!)

And then I really started to look at my purchases.  

Do I really need that?  Is it a “oh that looks cool I NEED it” purchase?

Will it really make my life “better”?  It takes me a lot longer to make a decision about buying things, it’s like I buy a car every time I buy something.  I mean, it’s really not that crazy, but when we were in Mackinaw, it took me ALL day to decide to buy a sweatshirt.  And I made a good choice, and love it.

It means I have a lot more money left over at the end of the month than I ever did before.  What a concept ; )

I have also purchased many “good” things but now seem wasteful.  I have TONS of bible studies that I packed up to donate, lots of books I never read.  Now when I think about buying a book or a bible study, I pray about it,  “God is this what You want me to do?”  Where are You leading me?”
That being said, I just purchased “Children of the Day” by Beth Moore, I am super excited about the study, truly Beth Moore is anointed in her teaching (it took me a few days to decide to spend $15).  I am excited to dive straight into the word of God 1 & 2 Thes.  I am excited to do this study along with Beth Moore http://blog.lproof.org/2014/06/siesta-summer-bible-study-2014-launch-and-registration.html

I have to say that it’s already started breathing life into me.  The first week’s memory verse, wow, I’ve probably read it many times before, but this time, WOW!

1 Thes 1:4 We know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that He has chosen you.

Now, maybe it doesn’t speak that much to you, but to me, there is nothing like being loved.  Loved every day no matter what!  I am loved by God and chosen.  A lot of crazy stuff has happened lately leaving me feeling empty and sad,  I so much love to give to others, serve them, but sometimes it leaves me feeling like an empty bucket and I am looking forward to be filled again!  

I love the Dessert Song by Hillsong… I know I’m filled to be emptied again, this seed I’ve received I will sow.


I’m thankful for the Love of Christ, I am thankful that He is a well that I can always visit when I am dry and tired.

Comments