Waiting not-so-patiently!



Sorry I haven't written, my heart has been quite a mess lately.  I tend to not write when I am a mess. But my journal gets filled!

I am excited about the coming summer.  In less than two weeks will be my first serving opportunity in Detroit.  I am excited about serving a team that will serve Detroit, a city I love so much.  It really is one of my favorite trips of the year.  I love it. I love a week with teenagers (even the middle schoolers haha).  A week of cooking and smiling and hearing about their trip. Its amazing. 

But the truth is, I miss Haiti.  I miss the heat, I miss the smiles on the faces of the kids, I miss the look on their faces when they wonder what I will come out with next.  I miss playing dominoes, sitting on the ground, I miss being sweaty, and drinking warm water, I miss eating the yummiest beans and rice that I just can’t seem to get right. 

I miss beautiful voices singing “Holy is the Lord”, I miss them reciting scripture with their beautiful onyx eyes closed. I miss coloring, and keeping people busy.  I miss the way cream soda suckers taste in the heat.  I miss “cold” ceramic tile.  I miss the friends I have made in Haiti. 
I miss this place that I never thought I wanted to go to.  I miss the dirt and the sweat, but I don’t necessarily miss the tears, or the heart break that comes with leaving, but it’s part of it all.  That every time my heart breaks, God fills it with His love, it’s the only thing that can occupy that space.
Haiti leaves me filled and empty all at the same time.  Haiti reminds me of how many people love me in their support.  Haiti reminds me of how much God loves me.

I am excited about this whole summer, but I cannot wait to be on the beautiful ground of Haiti, smashed in a tap tap! 

He made me for such a time as this.  So at this time, I will dive straight into His Word, listen to His voice, and wait, in the protection of His presence.

Because His timing is perfect!

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10 NIV

Comments