A lesson from my playbook

I'm a single mom. Did you know that? 

People say all the time "I don't know how single moms do it" that seems so weird  to me because I grew up in a single parent household (my mom died) and I run a single parent household. It's not an easy road to hoe but I don't think it's as difficult as people think but there must be structure and planning AND follow through.  

If you know me you know that I don't like last minute. There are enough things in our lives that come up last minute that I can't function in the last minute.  I try to leave space at the end for the last minute things.  It makes me crazy and stresses me right out. That also makes me an over planner. (That's why I'm already packed for Haiti a week in advance). And life has got to me more than just survival.

I think that while my situation is not ideal, it has prepared me for a lot of things and helped me be successful in my career and ministry. 

God uses all things for His glory. I hope that as a single parent I give hope to others that they can be successful and that it's hard but with the grace of God and hard work, you can do it (and when things get hard - you might have to say "suck it up buttercup, put on your sass pants, and get to steppin' "

So there you go - life lessons from a single mom. 

Comments