It's coming to an end :(

As our time  at the orphanage winds down it always proves challenging. I think that my heart breaks a little more each time and somehow God fills in those cracks and makes His love deeper and stronger than before. Only God can take something broken and and make it completely beautiful.

It's been one of the best trips we've had and probably most challenging for me. In years past we've crammed days full of stuff. And this year based on past years feedback I cut that way back which is about the complete of my personality. It's proven very challenging for people who have that same personality as me when I'm home. There is something about being in Haiti that i lose that part of me when I get on the airplane, and it is the best thing I could lose.

We've spent lots of fun times just spending time with the kids! Haitian cards, a lot of us learning how to play dominoes for the first time, basketball, futbol, coloring, but also talking about the armor of God.

I love it here. I don't know how  something that is so far out of my comfort zone can be so amazing. Even though I'm a total jeans and tshirt girl, I do love doing my hair and putting on nice clothes or going to have a nice dinner. And I hate having dirty feet or really even being dirty at all. But here, I'm thankful for the dirt. If it's on my shins it means that I was able to get water for the kids or for showers. It's God's provision. If I'm sweaty it means I'm with the people I love most in the world. 
I learned lots of new words when I was here this time, I actually stayed up late learning creole a couple nights but one night I was ridiculously tired so I am not sure how much of it I will remember ... But each time I'll get better.

We are off to debrief today. It's gonna be a rough day/night.

Comments