Kings and Queens of my heart



I’m often humbled by the things that people say about me.  Both when it’s good and when it’s bad.  Especially in the good, I feel so unworthy.  I just really try to do the best I can, and stay in the shadows of the One who loves me the most.  Given my own accord, I’d mess things up a lot.  And clearly when I get out from under the shadow, I do.  It’s funny, there is something about sunshine that draws us to it, but then if we stay in it too long, we will get burnt.  In the shadow, we can still feel the warmth, have a beautiful view of the sun, and stay protected.

Yesterday someone posted this song


(I posted the lyrics below)

I don’t know if I eloquently will say what my heart feels, but I will give it a try.

I feel it a great privilege to serve. I feel most like myself, I feel like God has called me to do something great for Him, and so often I feel I am so unworthy.  I don’t like the spotlight, I don’t like the light because it can expose the yucky parts of me.  I’d just rather be in the background, snuggling, smooching, reading, feeding, hugging, singing (though I am sure no one wants to hear that).  

I also don’t feel like I am serving the least of these if you really must know.  What makes someone the “least of these”?  Is it based on what they have or their hearts?  Often I think of the “poor”.
Matthew 5:3 says "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven (NIV) but look at the NLT version "God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.  Or the Message version “You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.

I think about every night when we would do devotionals and EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT the children would thank God for His protection and that “nothing bad happened to us today”.  Now I ask of you, does that sound like someone poor in spirit?  On the contrary it seems to my heart that they are richer than anyone else I know.  

I am thankful that I can help them in some small way provide the physical needs but their hearts provide me with a love that seems grow bigger every time I go because it is filled and then overflowed with God’s love.

As I look into eyes of each child and see the beauty that God has created, my heart is overwhelmed and completely blessed. When I ask them what they want to be when they grow up and each one answers differently based on their beautiful hearts, it overwhelms me the magnitude of Jesus in their lives. 

The children have entered my hearts as little princes and princesses.

I am overwhelmed in thankfulness for the things that God allows me to do, and it is overwhelmed by the fact that if I don’t stay close to Him, I could mess it all up.  I love Jesus and am thankful that He allows me to stay close to Him, in the shadows of Him, to live a life that will glorify Him with a love that only comes from Him.


Kings & Queens 

Little hands, shoeless feet, lonely eyes looking back at me
Will we leave behind the innocent too brief
On their own, on the run when their lives have only begun
These could be our daughters and our sons
And just like a drum I can hear their hearts beating
I know my God won’t let them be defeated
Every child has a dream to belong and be loved

Boys become kings, girls will be queens
Wrapped in Your majesty
When we love, when we love the least of these
Then they will be brave and free
Shout your name in victory
When we love when we love the least of these
When we love the least of these

Break our hearts once again
Help us to remember when
We were only children hoping for a friend
Won’t you look around these are the lives that the world has forgotten
Waiting for doors of our hearts and our homes to open

If not us who will be like Jesus
To the least of these
If not us tell me who will be like Jesus
Like Jesus to the least of these

Boys become kings, girls will be queens
Wrapped in your majesty
When we love, when we love the least of these
Then they will be brave and free shout your name in victory
We will love we will love the least of these
We will love the least of these
We will love the least of these
We will love the least of these
We will love the least of these
We will love the least of these

 

Comments