shooting stars



There is a song that goes “catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day”

When I was in Haiti I saw my first shooting star.  Haiti is full of everyday miracles, but the fact that I was even awake for such a beautiful sight was a miracle in itself.  It was just one, but it was cooler than some fireworks I have seen.  I didn’t know if I was supposed to make a wish on it, or if I should just stand in amazement.  I just sat there in amazement.

Yesterday while sitting on my porch, on the phone, dreaming about Haiti, I saw another one.

It’s been a rough transition to come home.  It always is.

Thankfully I was able to talk to some people about Haiti last night, but that reminder of a shooting star did my heart such good. 

Yesterday I watched another team head off to the country that I love.  I cried about 6 times yesterday missing Haiti, missing the people, thinking back on the experiences, and later in the night sat down with some people I know and talked about being there.  And then spent some alone time with my friend, Amanda.  It was a good night, a reminder that God is good.  A reminder that He has us right where He wants us to grow in Him, to love Him, to cling to Him. 

Yesterday reminded me to trust the process, to feel through things, to trust what He has next, to know that I am where I am supposed to be.   To work hard to become all that He has for me to be.  It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it!

I’m excited about what the future holds, and soon I will be saying “see He worked it all out, for His good” (Romans 8:28), I am excited to trust the process in which He has for me to go.
I’m walking in the light…

Psalm 119:105-6
105 Your word is a lamp for my feet,
    a light on my path.
106 I have taken an oath and confirmed it,
    that I will follow your righteous laws.

Comments