Oh Haiti

There is something about Haiti. 

I was packing up my bag and thought "oh Haiti". It's a place, it's a feeling, and it's even a smell :) (Carly you know what I'm talking about). It's a cross between sweat and dirt. Oh Haiti. I wish I could somehow bottle it and keep it for the times when my heart aches to be here.  I think I might even be able to sell it to some friends.

I keep thinking back on this trip, I've lead it no differently than my last 4 (I co-lead two trips last year). Sure I pick up a thing or two to improve but I'm so shocked about how great this one has been. Each one has been a little less dramatic than the last. This trip had a group of people who just wanted to serve Jesus by serving His children. I can't tell you how happy that makes my heart.  It seems that each has been touched by Haiti in a way that only God knows where it's going to lead! And I'm excited that most of them want to come back, not because of the glamour of an overseas mission trip but because they love the beautiful people of Haiti. (Haiti doesn't seem that glamorous when my hair is in a pony, I'm wearing shorts and a tshirt and my butt is soaked with sweat...)

I feel like I came here and did exactly what God asked me to do. I served Him well and that makes my heart oh so happy!!!

I don't know why He ever chose me for this or anything for that matter, but I'm so thankful He did!!

Oh Haiti, until we meet again

Comments