Pursuing a heart after God's

Every night the children recite psalm 23 and it's honestly one of my favorite things for me to hear. Last trip my heart just spoke about it.

Last night Madam Claudette lead the devotions and she chose that scripture to begin with.

She talked about how david messed up a lot but came back to The Lord repenting of his sinful ways and praising God.  

I just want to be that way. I hate my own sin!!! And it makes me want to hide like Adam and Eve but we are so blessed that even in our wicked ways, God takes is back.

I think that is a hard lesson for me because it seems that man just isn't like that. And so often i see God like people who lead in my life.  And they scold me and leave me and then sometimes it's hard to accept God's love and grace. I can remember one time a someone made me feel so terrible about myself, that I was so awful that I isolated myself, and actually thought that the pain from that was so great, that sucking in dirt (suicide) would be my best option. Clearly I realized that wasn't the best option, forgave the person  and moved on. That lesson taught me most about how God truly is there for me in my darkest of times and how we must love, everyday, no matter what. 

I want to love so that others can experience the love and grace of God, surely that is something i want to do but more than that, I want to be a woman who chases after the heart of God, never giving up, except to give up my sinful ways, and when i do, quickly snuggle under the wings of The Lord, repent, and then praise Him. 

I'm so thankful for the life of David, he has shown us what it is like to run straight into the face of God and continue to seek after Him. What a great example of a man after God's own heart 

Comments