Romans 8:28 moments, He uses it all

This was a crazy week, it was just amazing... Before I left for Haiti, I felt like a literally got a beat down before I left for Haiti. I almost didn't even go, that's right, the day before I almost said "forget it, I don't even want to go". But thankfully I am not a quitter. I could not disappoint my team.

Now in my life, I have been abused by many, almost got hit with a golf club by someone who claimed to love me (thank God it was almost). But right before i left felt like one of the worst attacks I've ever had on my life.  I remember laying in bed, just sobbing, sending out prayer requests to people who I trusted to pray not even knowing what to tell them to pray for.  I remember praying to God saying "You must fight this one for me, I can't do it this time"

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” (Exodus 14:14 NIV)

So I continued on, grabbing onto Jesus like a baby chimp attaches to it's momma as they swing through the jungle over high places knowing it doesn't want to fall.

I'll tell you that through this time, God has spoken to me so much. "Don't worry about them, just serve and love Me, I love you and if you do that, I will never be disappointed in you".

Then today in church we sang "washed by the water" and my heart broke wide open, and I sobbed.  Thankful. Thankful for that hard time, thankful for the time i spent with God. Thankful that no matter if I please man or not, pleasing God is what matters.

I find myself thankful for Romans 8:28 moments.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28 NIV)

Even when the rain falls
Even when the flood starts rising
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water

Even when Earth crumbles under my feet
Even when ones I love turn around and crucify me
I won't never ever let you down
I won't fall
I won't fall
I won't fall as long as you're around me

Comments