Day One of Happy!

My cousin asked challenged me to a “happy” post for 5 days, and each day I should challenge three other people…   I could just list the things that make me happy but I’d like to really write here about one thing for the next 5 days that make me happy.  I’m a rebel.  What are you going to do :)?

I’d like to start with something so simple, but yet the thing that in my life brings me the most joy and in that brings me happiness.  

It’s not a thing but a person.  

Can you guess who?

Oh, my pean.  

She brings me the most joy, makes me the craziest, makes me laugh the hardest, and a hug from her can melt away any crappy thing that comes my way.  She is my biggest fan, and I am hers.  She is supportive, and funny.  She’d probably fight to the death for me (though I’d never let her).

I think it’s great that she’s creative even though I think I may have handicapped her in this way… I am not…  and yet somehow this beautiful girl has grown into this totally creative, talented, hard working (she gets that from me) person.  

She can make me smile for so many reasons and when I come home from Haiti, she’s the one I want to hug.  And she’s the last one from home that I hug when I leave.

I am thankful that 21+ years ago, I was blessed with the most beautiful baby girl.  I loved her from the very moment I laid eyes on her.  And somehow as much as I loved her then, I love her about a gazillion times more today.  I never knew my heart could hold this much love!

So the number one thing in my life… that makes me happy.

My beautiful girl!

Comments