Fruitful lessons

Do you ever have just one of those moments when you are like "Ohmyword, I am such a idiot!!!"?

So I am doing this amazing study by Beth Moore called "Living Beyond Yourself" which is a study based on fruit of the spirit.

In my life the fruit of the spirit has really changed my life. I've held onto my fruit instead of chucking it at people when I am frustrated with someone. Whether they act like an idiot or not is no excuse for me to be a jerk. Repeating love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and SELF CONTROL has really calmed me down and helped me to keep my fruit. 

So I've been doing this study and I love the way Beth Moore breaks it down, last week was the part of the study about the Holy Spirit. Now, this is where the "I'm an idiot" part comes in... The "spirit" part of the fruit of the spirit is the HOLY SPIRIT!!  this never occurred to me prior to the study. Ok seriously... What an idiot! Like what spirit was I thinking it came from? Lol!

I guess I learn something new every day. And even though I've always thought the Holy Spirit was part of the trinity/God... It just gave me this renewed thankfulness for the Holy Spirit!! 

Starting this week it's a detailed study of each of the fruit which is really interesting and fun! (What has happened  to me that I think a study is fun?lol) this week is love and I can't wait to hear Beth teach each of the fruit!!

I love to learn and I'm so thankful that God just keeps teaching me and teaching me!

🍎🍏🍊🍋🍒🍇🍉🍓🍑🍈🍌🍐🍍

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23 NIV)

Comments