My Buckley friend

I didn't know much about her when I "met" her. We started working on something together but we lived 4 hours away from each other.

Then she had to take care of some family things so we didn't talk much (hardly ever) until a very cold day in January when I needed help figuring some things out. I remember standing outside in New York talking to her on the phone, I almost didn't call her but I needed her. She almost didn't answer.

That was probably the beginning of our friendship. Crazy things (awesome) are born out of crappy moments, i like to refer to those as Romans 8:28 moments.

Last October she told me about a spot on a Haiti trip she was leading, I wanted to go but didn't have the money. In January God directed me to go and it was life changing and friendship bonding. We knew each other but didn't know each other. I was a complete mess after hearing of child eating toothpaste. She let me be, because I needed to work it out. After all the craziness that we've been through, that was the moment I knew I could really trust her with my heart, she just let me be. Seems kind of odd, but she's my Carly now.

It's been a crazy 6 weeks or so and I'm thankful we had this weekend on the calendar for months. Mexican fiesta. We are having tamales, chorizo, beans, rice, garlic dip, whatever else we make... And girl talk and celebrating birthdays of people we love. I needed to get here. My daughter says "they love you there". Buckley. It's a cute little town with ice cream, a great church, a dollar general, and my Carly. 

I woke up this morning so glad to be here.

Comments