Thankful

This morning I was walking downstairs to do laundry... And as I listened quietly the dishwasher was humming along cleaning the newly acquired (free!!!) canning jars. 

I couldn't help but smile. God is so good to me.

Last night I blanched one ginormous box of tomatoes last night and today I will make sauce with those glorious beauties for my friends at My Brothers Keeper this week. A simple meal. God is also funny!

I was thinking how my Sundays used to be so very different. It was like a project on a Microsoft timeline. Be up by 6am and it didn't stop from there. I multi-tasked until I was at capacity and I could barely hold a conversation because my brain was spinning 100mph mostly in circles. 

Now I spend my day getting my house in order for the week, getting ready for church. It might just feel perfect. Making food, praying for people, looking around grasping the millions of ways God has provided. 

My heart seems at peace, my life full of gratitude. My heart holds even more love than I thought possible. 

I am thankful this Sunday morning for more reasons than I can count. 

It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp. For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord; I sing for joy at what your hands have done. How great are your works, Lord, how profound your thoughts! Senseless people do not know, fools do not understand, that though the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish, they will be destroyed forever. But you, Lord, are forever exalted. (Psalm 92:1-8 NIV)

Comments