Wednesday Ramblings!

Well Good Morning!

Wondering what’s going on in my crazy life?  Not much, but here’s some ramblings from my brain and heart…

There hasn’t been much actually going on in my life lately.  I’ve been intentionally keeping quiet.  Well and kind of unintentionally.

I had come to a great conclusion that I needed to slow down.  So I have.  For the months of September and October I am taking it easy.  And to be honest, I don’t have much of a choice, I haven’t been feeling all that great since I’ve been back from Haiti.  Super weak.  It sucks. I will get back to normal, trying to make simple changes, like getting back to drinking 30 oz of water before I drink anything else. I think I may not be getting enough water.

I started the Living Beyond Yourself bible study by Beth Moore. I  have been wanting to do this study for a long time, but just never did it.  Also I knew that it would be best if I bought the teaching that goes with it but when I first looked into it, the DVDs were really expensive! And I couldn’t really justify the money.  So I was so excited when I saw the CDs, which meant an investment of $39.95 plus the cost of the book but because of the cost, it meant I really committed to the study, besides, I can easily spend that kind of money on things that do not help me improve myself.  I mean, I go out to eat way too much, and now, I will have it, and if someone wants to borrow them, they can.  It’s kind of exciting.  I’ve really enjoyed the study so far!  It’s been really great, and I love the historical part of the teaching so far.    I’m worth investing in.
I have some fun things planned for the next couple months, a Mexican fiesta with my friends in Buckley, and a retreat with the buckets, and a trip to Colorado, looking forward to those, but also enjoying everyday as it comes! 

Excited to go to Cody High School today to check out the Open House and deliver some snacks to the engineering robotics team.

I had purchased some sloppy joe mix to make for a friend, but then when the power went out, I couldn’t make it, I was so bummed but instead, I was able to provide food for our church workers at the new building. I have to tell you, I tried it, I am not at all impressed with sloppy joe mix from a can.  I normally make it homemade, and I remember why now. I did my best to doctor it up, added onions, green peppers, some spices… it will be the last time I buy it in a can.  WOW!  I mean, I know homemade is best made… but for sure it is… and I remember why!

OH!  And the dates for my Haiti trip in March/April 2015 have been set!  WAHOO!!!!
I am making homemade spaghetti sauce this weekend for My Brother’s Keeper Serving  Opportunity, this ought to be interesting, I’ve never made homemade straight from fresh tomatoes marinara sauce before…  I hope it’s good LOL  It’s going to be a simple meal of mostocolli, rolls, green beans, and dessert.  God is speaking so sweetly to me…  SIMPLE!  KISS!!! Keep It Simple Sweetie!  Not everything needs to be a three ring circus!  (and really, even a simple meal for 100 is a lot!)  Hopefully I will love homemade spaghetti sauce as much as I love homemade sloppy joe mix and never want to go back!  I love homemade!!

Not much else going on, looking forward to the next couple months of feeling better and resting, and it might just last until the new year!

Hope all is well with you! 


Sending Love!!

Comments