Overflowing



Well Good Morning Everybody!  (OK in my mind I can hear Chad saying that! From Sunday mornings at Metro with his big flashy smile!)

But today I woke up and I prayed, I prayed for my teams that I went to Haiti with this year, specifically.  It’s been a long couple months since I’ve been there, and my last trip was hard, really hard.  It probably was the hardest trip I’ve ever had, and I’ve had some doosies…  

My friend was IM’ing me yesterday and I thought about how incredibly lucky I am, really blessed by the amazing, gentle hand of God. My life hasn’t been easy, that’s for sure, and in that I’ve probably made it harder on others around me, and I’m sorry for that.  Mostly, I’ve probably made it hardest for my Peanut, while I’d like to have given her all her hearts desires, I couldn’t. But we sure have had some great times, and I am so thankful for the things we’ve done, worked hard for, cried through, laughed so loud we were annoying, and I’ve loved, oh how I’ve loved her, and many countless others.  This single mom is blessed more than she deserves, that’s for sure

I am going to Germany, I’ve never been there before, and I’ve always wanted to go, maybe because my dad’s best friend while I was growing up is from there, I don’t know, but I’ve always wanted to see that beautiful country.  I am so excited!!! 

I was thinking about the time I got to go to Vienna, Austria.  I mean, wow. I don’t even know how we could have ever afforded it.  Surely, God’s provision.  We went on such a tight budget, it was crazy, I think we split EVERYTHING (and we always had enough) because we didn’t have a lot of extra money.   But we went, and I was able to see the World’s Oldest Zoo  but better than that, I saw my daughter sing at the Musikverein in Vienna.  I mean, it’s crazy, I was just some stupid single mom, barely making it, and my daughter with this amazing talent…  God has surely blessed us.     

And how many times have I been to Haiti?  Yikes!  A place I never wanted to go, and my heart just feels so free and open there, I am so thankful to have gone so many times, met so many amazing people, and loved so very much!  I don’t know what the future holds, but I hope it’s more trips and more hugs, and more smooches!

And in 8 days I will be joining 5 people I love so very much!  They moved to Colorado, and everyone knows that I wish I was there. OH MAN!  I miss them!  Its hard to follow after the kind of leader that Adam (and Katie) are without missing it.  it’s hard to love 3 little boys, and have them steal your heart, only to move away, but the truth is, I am better for knowing and my best for loving them.  And how lucky am I that I can go see them.  I mean, it’s just amazing!!!

But you know what the best part is? I’m in a place where I love, and am loved. I have friends who love me EVERYDAY even when I’m a crazy person, and calm me down, and celebrate with me.  I have a great job, and a great cute little house, I have too much stuff (and I’ve gone in my life without!), we are never without clean water and food, and love.  I am going up north with people this weekend that I love and love me, and I might have to do some work, but that’s ok, because if I worked at McDonald’s I wouldn’t have to do that, but I probably couldn’t afford to go if I did.  And I also get to hug my dear friend because I am going a little early to see her!  

It’s been a long journey, not without heartache and pain, but worth every step.  

My heart is full, I am covered by the grace of God.

I am thankful!

Comments