Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Thursday, October 09, 2014

ramblings of my heart

I've felt like I've been so quiet lately. Maybe it's because I kind of have been. 

Things are quiet for me. Still serving just not in an official capacity. 

But I'll tell you, I've been struggling. You know I love the city of Detroit. I love the great parts of it, and I love the dirtiest parts of it too. When I hear about how excited people are about restaurant  week, I think great... I'm so glad but all the new resturaunt sin detroit aren't going to save it. 

Hope will save detroit. I want you to love Detroit but not for the great things about it, I want you to learn to know its beautiful people and love them. That's the beauty of Detroit. 

I struggle with reporters reporting about courtroom stuff but not reporting about what churches are doing to serve Jesus, by serving others. Today I got all annoyed and God simply whispered "they are serving Me, I'm what matters". Oh Jesus, thank You for that reminder. 

I can't seem to get where I need to go soon enough or do what I need to do quickly enough. Going to work on it this weekend. Please pray for me if you think about it. 

So I might still be quiet for awhile, and Might still be struggling, God is working on me, it's awesome and hard. And worth it. 

No comments: