Rest, child

Wow, it's quiet. People are playing games, crocheting, playing guitar, I read a chapter in a great book (Chasing God by Angie smith) and i felt this overwhelming desire to stand in the doorway to the outside world. The weather is kind of dreary and as beautiful as it still is, I haven't gotten any super fabulous pictures the kind that are Facebook braggy but I still take them because I love the beauty of gray. 

Days like these force us to be still, snuggle up, think, pray, relax, rest, and find comfort in the very One who loves us most. We don't get wrapped up in the wonder seeking of the moments, we just are because, He is. 

I stood by the side door, warm on one side from the house, and the cool damp air hit my face and made me just... Thankful. Thankful that sometimes He says "stop running, child, just snuggle up in Me".

I looked out the door and I went to get my camera because while the picture might not be Facebook fabulous but they ring so sweetly to my heart, I didn't want to forget this moment, not ever. 

Rest in this moment, with Me.

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10 NIV)

Comments