I love shoes!!!

This past year I went to Haiti 3 times!  I collected TONS of donations of various things to go.  Toothpaste, toothbrushes, clothes, CROCs, flip flops, school supplies...  even sweaters (LOL).  The coolest thing was that I got a WHOLE school's misprinted t-shirts.  I washed them all and rolled them to take minimal space up.

One of the things I collected was BRAND NEW TENNIS SHOES!  The last time I went to Haiti I just didn't have room to pack them!  I thought, oh they will be a blessing another time.  I always trust God's timing because He knows way better than me.

And so I wait...  I know that when the time is right, He will guide me to where I need to take them.

And then it happened...  My beautiful friends went on a mission trip to Jamaica a month or so ago and went on a mission trip, and found out that an orphanage for deaf children needed shoes.  And of course, these beauties gave away their shoes and started taking donations for more shoes... I happen to have 27 pairs of shoes including gym shoes and flippies (flip flops) in my basement just waiting for the perfect place to be donated.  Isn't that funny?

I mean just plain great!?!

I seriously think it's so awesome to be the hands and feet (and shoes) for Christ. I didn't really do anything...  I just stored a bunch of shoes in my basement, someone else did all the work...

I find myself super thankful this morning for a God who cares about such things as our feet to be covered and mostly He cares about our salvation much more than that.  I am thankful for the women who went who have always been such an inspiration to me in my walk with Christ.

I'm just thankful.

Comments