Inspired!



I am learning over the years that all or nothing does not work for me, because I tend to be all for a short time and nothing for a long while.  I am inspired by people who keep it together all the time, who make wise choices, and when they don’t, they get back to it.  (LSL)  

I learned a lot of lessons in Germany, one being that I’m out of shape, or maybe that my shape is a little too curvy (don’t worry, not calling myself fat – because I have two friends who will give me a lecture – I’d rather have better conversations than that with them!)… we had to take the stairs (3 flights) everyday, good Lord, even if I didn’t have to carry 20 lbs of crap up the stairs it would have been difficult.  So I decided that only I can do something about that…  So I thought and prayed about it.  Let’s face it, even with my new found free time I don’t have hours to always work out (at least not consistently).  I pulled out an old “favorite” Jillian Michael’s Shred.  I can get a pretty good workout in 20-25 minutes.  And I found a yoga routine online for 25 minutes (and please don’t get all crazy spiritual on me – it’s just exercise for me).  I can find 20-25 minutes everyday and maybe sometimes go for a walk or do Zumba, but 20-25 minutes is manageable.

I have also read that losing weight (getting healthy) is 80% of what I eat and 20% of exercise.  I can live without gluten, and that really seems to be making me FEEL better.  I love rice and beans, and thankfully there is no gluten in any of that!  I love fruits and veggies…  BUT I love cheese, pizza, cheeseburgers… French fries…  and lots of other things that aren’t good for me…  So I just try to make good choices, when I can.  I try to drink 30 oz of water before my day starts.  Somedays I do really well, and today… well not so much, I drank iced tea first… needed some caffeine.  But the second thing I drank was 30 oz of water (I shoot for 100 oz everyday).  And I love cheese in my eggs… but today, instead I added beans and spinach… and called it good, and left the cheese out.    I try my best to plan, have good choices at home, snacks in my purse, and at my desk, but every day is a choice, and I just try to make the best choices…  and sometimes I fall super short, but I hope that every day I can get a little closer to excellent, because perfection just isn’t attainable (thanks for that awesome insight yesterday AG!!!).  

I am thankful for people who inspire me to be a better version of myself, and the friends who cheer me on, speak words of encouragement to me, and love me right where I am!

Comments