Ramblings from Germany



There are a lot of things I discover about myself when I travel. Mostly how I don't think I am high maintainence until I pack. I like things how I like them I guess.  Especially my tea! Sometimes I really wish I loved coffee because it seems every country has a specialty. I mean seriously they were like "iced tea?" With a weird face (even at Starbucks)

One thing I certainly realize is that I love my time alone. I can't just get in the car and go somewhere or find something to do.   

This morning in my time of listening to the bible and praying I found myself really seeking God about someone in my life who tried "putting in my place" and by that mean where they thought I should be.  I began praying for them, for me. I never want to be that person to "put someone in their place". I want to encourage and help people to be the person they were meant to be. I want to do that in a place of humility. Knowing I am just a big fat mess but Christ came to set me free from my own sin. To bring me freedom from... Myself and my pain. What a glorious thing that is!!!

It was a crazy thing this morning, I realized I was 6 hours ahead of my family back home and while I probably am up before most people (5-5:30am) it still made me so happy (joyous) to be laying a path of prayer 6 hours before my loved ones were awake (some I am sure hadn't even been to bed yet.

We went to the Opel plant (many Americans say "opal" but it's more like o-pel. It clearly was a bumping place in its day. But now it's empty and sad. It's too bad. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get in. Waved past the guard, someone let us in the door, and we walked right up.  Crazy!!!! It's empty but beautiful which is kind of weird. I'm going to find out if I can take pictures in the plant.


Comments