Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, November 19, 2014

So much...

Sometimes my heart spins. 

Freezing homeless people... Under paid fire fighters and police officers... People without coats... People who have hearts that are breaking...

The other day I was watching the news I saw a bunch of fire fighters fighting a fire at 8 mile and greenfield in Detroit. Maybe it's just me but instantly I wanted to go do something for those firefighters. I know that homemade peach cobbler bread isn't going to make their life any less risky or help them pay their bills but sometimes I just feel like I should do.... Something.

I wanted to go see Stevie Wonder tomorrow at The Palace and in case you didn't know, Stevie Wonder is my very favorite but I started thinking about the $90 for the ticket. I thought about how many coats I could buy for someone in need. 

I know that God doesn't say that i shouldn't enjoy ourselves but I don't know if it always has to be expensive.  I want my priorities to be right. How can I complain about my taxes in my city workers and roads but then I pay $90 to go see an entertainer... When I'm already going to see wicked. 

I know I seem like a kook, heck, I feel like a kook, but I must always remember that to whom much is given, much is required and I feel like I am truly blessed. I do what i should (and I know I fall short so many times) because it is right, and that's what I'm called to do.

Following Jesus makes me the best version of myself... And that's who I strive to be.

No comments: