Thankful for time!



Good Morning!  I am encouraged that I got to go to church today!  I always want to remember that it is an honor to worship Jesus in church! Its so great that we can choose!  It was an amazing service today, I keep asking God about where He wants me to go to church, I certainly am not a Sunday Christian and so the church I go to needs to be a outward giving church.

I posted earlier that I am in this season of kind of like winter.  I go to a counselor and to be honest she’s been guiding me towards this season for some time now.  I thought (hoped) it would last one month.  Let’s face it, sitting still is not fun for me.

After about a month I was like “ok, I’m done” ready for what was next but she said no “this will be like 5 to 6 months” and I will be honest that almost seemed like a death sentence.  

I was driving today thanking God for this time.  Honestly one month of slowing down was kind of like a drive by shooting.  I was still moving, albeit slower, I was just slowing down to get ready to rev up at any moment to take off as fast as I could.  But I am thankful for this time.  Because it made me slow down and ease up.

I have been taking this time to seek God.  Where do you want me Lord?  I have made some changes and it’s been hard to step back and have people who have said they loved me and cared about me to not say a word to me.  And I am not sad, I’ve actually found such a joy in knowing people love me for me, not what I do for them. It’s been nice in the seeking to find truth.

I’ve said good-bye to a church that I have attended for a long time. And I have had so many feelings about that.  Thinking about memories has stirred up a lot of feelings, some good some bad.  And getting to a place of joy took time.  And I leave with a heart of gratitude, and that took time.
I’ve come to a place of quiet and peace because I am not running around at 100mph (most of it in circles. I have a chance to process things, to feel and not react.  I have time to ask myself the questions I need to: 
Why am I really upset?
What am I afraid of? (usually when I am freaking out, I am afraid of something)
If I react, what good will come of it?
What can I do to make this situation better?

I am thankful for this time of growth.  I am thankful for this time to clean out and help others with my abundance and this helps me to get rid of all the things I have held on to “just in case”.  For me, “just in case” is sin because I’m holding on to things as if to say that I am not trusting God, like He won’t provide if I need it.  It been completely freeing, letting go of stuff. And I am thankful because it takes time.

Taking the time to reflect makes me thankful for whatever time I have left in this season for God to grow me. 
Thankful as I remain in Him.

Comments