2015 planning!

Today I was walking/running and I was really encouraged because it was a really get run/walk and I pushed myself to do well but not be crazy! I am trying really hard to do this right, not to push myself too much but to push myself to improve. 

I am excited that there are two different options to run the half marathon.  There is the International route and the Detroit Route, and I'm pretty excited about the route and it's some of my favorite parts of the city.  I can't wait!  I'm looking forward to a summer of 5Ks and fun!

I love when I set a goal (I think NY Resolutions are silly) and it's something fun to accomplish!

I wrote out my goals for 2015 today while sitting in Starbucks.  Funny, I don't know why I was having such a hard time this year setting my goals. I have to admit I set some pretty lofty goals for 2014 and I didn't achieve them all, I had great goals but didn't have a good plan to achieve them all (so this year I have timelines for achievement).

I even saved silly encouragement for when I have a hard day!

I am excited about one goal in particular, scripture memorization...  I am following this with Beth Moore.  I prayed about whether I should just play it by ear and just let a scripture speak to me or plan out the 24 scriptures I will memorize.  Some of them are long, and I may condense but maybe not... who knows! 

Here is my list... You can join me in doing this too (it's really Beth Moore's gig) memorize these scriptures or pick your own :)

I hope that you had a great 2014! And I hope that 2015 is filled with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control.  May your fruit be ripe and never thrown at anyone!
Galatians 5:22-23 ESV But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
1 John 4:8 ESV Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 Peter 4:8 ESV Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.
Galatians 5:22 ESV But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Romans 8:6 ESV For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
1 Thessalonians 4:4 ESV That each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,
1 John 4:7 ESV Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
Ephesians 4:1-3 ESV I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Romans 13:10 ESV Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Ephesians 5:9 ESV (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true),
Colossians 3:14 ESV And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
Matthew 7:15-20 ESV “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
1 Corinthians 13:13 ESV So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
2 Peter 1:1-21 ESV  Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge,
Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
John 3:16 ESV “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
1 Corinthians 13:1-5 ESV If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
Colossians 3:4 ESV When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
Luke 23:34 ESV And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” And they cast lots to divide his garments.
1 Peter 1:3-9 ESV  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
1 Timothy 5:12 ESV And so incur condemnation for having abandoned their former faith.
Colossians 1:10 ESV So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.
Isaiah 9:1-7 ESV But there will be no gloom for her who was in anguish. In the former time he brought into contempt the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the latter time he has made glorious the way of the sea, the land beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations. The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined. You have multiplied the nation; you have increased its joy; they rejoice before you as with joy at the harvest, as they are glad when they divide the spoil. For the yoke of his burden, and the staff for his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, you have broken as on the day of Midian. For every boot of the tramping warrior in battle tumult and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel for the fire.
Psalm 92:13-14 ESV They are planted in the house of the Lord; they flourish in the courts of our God. They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green,

Comments