A journey begins with a single mapmyrun

I've been thinking about training for the half marathon... I really loved running. I didn't always love running long distances but I always felt great afterwards. 

Thinking about how much hard work it is to get ready for a half marathon and I'm on the couch... I mean I'm not out of shape, I'm just the WRONG shape. 

But you know who has the power to change all that? Me. 

All of sudden I remembered that I kept the book "non runners guide to marathon running". I remember how encouraging the book was. So I pulled it out... And today I started...

I walked and ran (a little, very little) I'm trying to start safely. The whole time I was praising God. It was so great! There were a few moments when my self talk got a little negative and i shut it down with scriptures.



I was thinking about a few years ago when something awful happened to someone I loved and instead of hitting the fridge, or doing something else destructive... I went and ran. I went and prayed during that time. God has done some amazing things in my life when I've been running, I'm a captive audience ;)

I'm excited about this new adventure though not exactly excited about running during the winter! 

I felt so great after going out today, I forgot how great that it feels to push myself, and maybe i wasn't the fastest ever but it's the first step!

Here's something crazy... I just went to get this exact scripture and it's my devotional scripture of the day <3

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14 NIV)



Comments