Finding Emmanuel in leaving and spaghetti

As I've been prompted by "looking for Emmanuel", I have seen His beautiful hand out stretched holding and guiding my life. And as I start a new season, I see Him in leaving.

When I started attending Metro I started serving by cooking. I'd serve about 12 people for $6 lol and they seemed to like it (that's always good).

My first youth ministry meal was spaghetti for a fundraiser dinner. I think of the countless meals I made, it's been absolutely crazy and a blessing. I'm known for my spaghetti by the kids and leaders, for some reason they think it's delicious. My friend Katie said that I must kiss the noodles to make them taste so good. Rest assured, I don't. 

Today I'm delivering, what I believe, to be my last meal to them. I say that because I never know what God has planned.

I looked for something that would fit my budget and be delicious. I can cook a lot of great things for cheap, but i decided on spaghetti (well really it's rotini noodles) with homemade bread. 

As i round out my tenure at Metro, seven years, I'm thankful for all the memories. I'm thankful for the really great times and for the times when it was really hard. We must praise God on the mountain top and in the valley. Grass is always greenest in the valley.

I have thought I was going to leave many times to be honest but God kept bringing me back or keeping me there depending on how you look at it. I have had a hard time letting leaving. Making sure that when I left, I'd leave well. Healed and whole. 

God certainly has had me on an adventure and I have loved and learned.  I've met people who have become family there, my life has been truly blessed.

Comments