Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Monday, December 22, 2014

Looking for Him in planning

If you know me I am always planning for the next thing. God made me with some mad organizational skills. The plan A B C and sometimes all the way to Q. Sometimes I can't even help myself. 

I even have my vacation planned out to June.

January a trip to Colorado
March/April to Haiti
May to NYC 
June back to Colorado for a mission trip to Denver :)

Much past that I don't have planned. lol but I do have days tucked away for a buckets retreat if we have another Buck Rogers/wine 5k planned. 

I have started cleaning out to simplify my life in order to move at some point  maybe in two years. I have way too much stuff and I've actually been able to part with much of it. It's been freeing.

The problem with being a planner is that I like to have an end in mind. For winter retreats we pray for kids saved, mission trips we pray for kids to come (and adults), I plan for meals, I have an end in mind. But to be honest I feel kind of open ended and that's an uneasy feeling. What's Your plan God? You know I'll go wherever You lead but can I have a hint? 

Where will I live?
Will I be married?
Will I still work where I work?
Are You gonna blow the doors open to the community center?
Will I feed neighborhoods with the community garden?
Will the provision You give lead lives to You?
What church will I remain in?
How will I serve there?
Should I join a small group?

Shhhh... I'll go where You lead, I'll do what You say.... Word of God speak!!! 

I keep looking for Emmanuel and I seem to find Him in the uncertainty of the future, I find Him in His faithfulness if the past, and I find Him in the now. I find Him in the plan of having no plan.

I don't know what He has planned... Until then... Late night walks dreaming of all the possibilities.


No comments: