Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, January 28, 2015

It's a journey



Yesterday I was talking to someone about how it’s taking me so long to lose weight and I am putting a lot of effort into it…  

They said want to lose 20 lbs in 20 days, and honestly I thought “no”.  Sure I would LOVE to lose 20 lbs in 20 days but I’d like to keep it off!!  And I know that radical weight loss usually does not stay off.  

I want to lose weight NEVER to find it again.

Eat 3 chicken breasts (1 each meal) and a cup of veggies at each meal.  That’s it.

Yeah, I’d eat my arm off by day 5 if I followed that. No one wants that, I’d be so crabby.

The truth is that it took me time to become a circle, so it will take time to deflate this beach ball (LOL).  I actually like hard work… it reminds me that Excellence is honoring to God and a reflection of His character.  It reminds me that things worth having are worth effort.  There is something that I love about accomplishment and consistency.  It’s honoring and inspiring to myself. I see results in one thing in my life and I invest and work hard in other areas and I see results.  Sometimes it’s SOOOOO hard, and I remember not to depend on my own strength, but to focus on Him, and what He can do in and through me.  I remember that He equips me when I can’t seem to find the gifts, knowledge, or strength.

So I will learn to plan, track, and make better choices. Small changes that will make a big difference, and learn to love things that I hate (like the annoying Zumba instructor last night!!) or at least find things that I actually like. 

It’s all a journey. A journey of hard work and hope.  A journey of mountain tops and valleys.  A journey that brings me closer to who God created me to be.

Eph 2:10 (NLT) For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Just keep plugging along...you will make it happen, sweet girl.