My Buckets



I wasn’t born into a Braverman family.  Sadly my mom died when I was 16 months old, my sister died before I was born…  I have one aunt, one uncle, I was the only kid on my dad’s side until I was 19.  The only family on my mom’s side is her cousins, that I am close with.  

I think that people like the Braverman’s because they can relate to them, or maybe they wish they had that kind of family.  I know for a long time, I wish I did.

Remember the episode when Max decided he couldn’t let his team down and had to go to the game, and the WHOLE family went?

OR how about when Zeke encouraged Victor to learn about cars…  to find something he was good at.

Or how Joel and Julie didn’t allow Sidney to be such a snit?  

Remember how they all would gather around each other in the hospital or wherever if they needed each other?

Well, here’s the deal, for a long time I wished for that family…  and then I prayed.  I prayed and prayed.  And then I got one.  I was pulled in by Love to that family. And sometimes I felt like I didn’t belong because I was different, but that’s what made me the puzzle piece that fit, and when I embraced that puzzle piece shape, got all in, I was, well, thankful.  

I didn’t cry at the last episode, which really surprised the heck out of me, I cry at almost everything.  And if you know me you know that to be true.

But I am getting misty now, thinking of my bucket family that I can call when I need something.
Remember that time I was in Haiti and my toilet had some issue and I sent an email to help Phyllis? She said they ALL called within a 5 minute period.  LOL

I honestly don’t know why they love me, I just bring taco seasoning and potato soup to our puzzle.  And a bottle of Kay… But I know how each one of them have been stitched into my heart…  and how I can’t imagine life without them!

But I tell you, it takes work and effort and unconditional love to make this Bucket Family work.  It takes honesty and persistence. And maybe we don’t see each other as often now, but together we are family.  

We might not have it all together but together we have it all…

Comments