Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Sunday, February 22, 2015

My girlfriend posted an article about how crazy one can get while wearing their fitbit. The truth is that I may be one of those crazies. 

http://www.bustle.com/articles/63730-19-very-real-and-emotional-struggles-of-having-a-fitbit-or-does-your-fitbit-have-you

I originally purchased a pivotal living band which was a piece of junk and never synced correctly to my phone. But the $15 I paid for it did make me aware that I only get about 5000 steps a day (also note that it would often reset itself mid day which was frustrating). 

I decided to bite the bullet and get the fitbit charge. It is the one with the display on it. In my opinion, it is worth the extra $30 for this feature :) I love that my fitbit links to myfitnesspal app which I have always loved for tracking. 

Yes, it may be true that I have been outside at 10:30pm getting my steps in, or that a few times during the day I go walking to make sure I get my steps in. 

When I first started walking at night I'd laugh at myself about how crazy I was (am) but now I take that time to get my thoughts organized but not only that, I pray. I pray and pray. It's quiet and I am not distracted by anything. The time outside makes me thankful for lots of socks, boots, and a warm house to always get to come home to... 

So maybe I'm a little crazy about my steps, but it's been such a great thing for me! It gets me moving, gets my heart in line.  What a great little gadget!

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. (Proverbs 16:9 NIV)

No comments: