Random Thoughts!



Well the scale is finally moving. And I put on a pair of pants I couldn’t wear before Christmas (though they are TIGHT).  Good gravy, it’s slow. No, I am not eating gravy. Gravy has gluten, gluten is horrible for me… no gravy.

I’ve made some small changes at every meal, these aren’t things that I didn’t know to do, they are things I chose not to do.  One thing I promised myself is that I would not make myself crazy.  Well… crazy-er.

I am not going to do insanity (you can though and I will cheer you on). I am going to make sure I get 10,000 steps in every day.  I hurt my back so exercise has been walking, stretching, that sort of thing, I make no apologies for taking care of myself and not over doing it.  I will get back to the elliptical and then to running… but for now…  

I eat normal food.  I just really choose what I am going to eat and plan well. I have really cut back on dairy, it’s full of fat and calories…  I do eat it but just not a lot.  I have learned over many years if I fail to plan, I plan to fail.  Yes, I carry celery and carrots around with me in case I get hungry.  It’s crazy and mostly I don’t eat them, but sometimes I do,  and I am thankful I have them… just in case.  Did you know I used to know a kid named Justin Case.  True Story.

I am little crazy about my steps.  Today might be difficult, I have a 3.5 hour meeting that I have to sit through.  HOLY MOLY.  Again, planning, I walked .75 miles this morning in the tunnels below my office.  I love walking out in the peacefulness of the night, but it’s cold people, I prefer NOT to have to be out there for an hour.

I eat A LOT of vegetables. I mean a lot of them. And after eating organic carrots for quite some time, I discovered when I ate regular carrots – GROSS!  I could taste the chemicals. No thank you. But I don’t always eat organic, it’s expensive, and I do the best I can. And that’s ok with me.  

So here I am again, refusing to get my exercise in by beating myself up, I have to take care of myself so I can be around my whole life  and I’d like to be happy.  But know if you come over for dinner… there will be vegetables…  but you don’t have to eat them, I will make you something else too!

There are my crazy thoughts!

Comments