A to Z faith - betray

Betray

So I wondered what I should pick for the letter "b" and first I thought "believe" like what do I believe, and then I thought "beautiful" or "beauty" but then really praying about it, "betray" came to my heart.

Gah!

It's easy to think of the scripture

But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table. The Son of Man will go as it has been decreed. But woe to that man who betrays him!”

but Jesus asked him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?” (Luke 22:21-22, 48 NIV)

But I wonder how many times I've betrayed Jesus with my actions. Said my life is His or that I just want to be available to Him only to do what I want, to not be obedient. How many times has it been my sin that sent Jesus to the cross?

What about how I know that God says to go make disciples yet when the opportunity arises, I say... Nothing.

Betray.

It's Easter, it's easy to remember how Jesus was betrayed, and three days later He rose!! Beating death! Not just His victory but victory for us all who "b"elieve.

But it's hard to want to come to reality with the betrayal I do. My sin.

Thank You God for being a God who saves! Who forgives! Who overcomes! 

️i adore You!!

Comments