A to Z faith - grace

I'm sitting in this beautiful church in mainz germany. I happen to catch the last of mass and was so in awe of the beauty of this building. The stained glass, the stone work, the statues, the pughs. 

Often the Catholic Church gets a bad name because of its "rules" but I must say that I love the modern church, but i do love the reverence of the Catholic Church. 

I love the respect that people have for its buildings and for its religion.

One thing for me (and this is about me!!! Not judging anyone), I never learned about a relationship with God and Jesus. God was someone to be feared for the punishment I'd get if I did something wrong (sinned).

When I came to the Baptist church, I learned of God's grace. I did not deserve it, and God paid a mighty price for it. 

It was not until I went to Metro that I learned how to accept it and give it. Grace.

I'm not sure how to describe it, really, it's something more to be experienced but I looked up the definition
(in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.

I'm so thankful for unmerited favor, for forgiveness of my sins.

I noticed as people left the church (I'm still sitting here in a Pugh writing) they seemed so sad, I wanted to say "rejoice, be glad! He has saved us!!" Unfortunately I don't speak the language... But I smiled, that is a universal language!

I'm so very thankful for Jesus. I'm thankful for this time, while it be ever so short, in this church as I thanked Him for just a short list of my blessings, especially for His grace.

May you give it as you've received it, grace. 

Comments