A to Z Faith - Kindness



Do not mistake my kindness for weakness

I’ve said that a million times… maybe more. I’ve said it in my personal life and in my work life.  Some people may not believe this, but sometimes I really have to work at being kind.  But just because I make kind gestures, it doesn’t mean I am weak, it actually shows Christ’s strength in me.

Oh, sure, it’s easy when I love someone to extend a kind gesture, but to someone who has been a jerk to me or I just don’t like… well, I have to work at it.

The Oxford definition of Kindness
the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate

It’s a fruit of the spirit…
Love, joy peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness, and self control

Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I wish that kindness always came easy for me, but I’m a jerk…  lol 

So be encouraged, as God works in my heart, kindness comes easier and easier and almost seems like a new way of life for me, and as He works in your life, I hope the same is true for you!

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here!

Comments