A to Z faith - me

So it kind of seems funny to write about me when I'm talking about my faith, because if it's one thing I've learned about Jesus is that it's not about me ;)
And to prove how much Jesus works in my heart, I'll give you some comparisons of me and Him

It's the me in me that would stay by myself, never risk hurt or heartache 

It's the Jesus in me who reaches out, establishes relationships and continues to nurture them even when I'm hurt.

It's the me in me that would never help anyone... I'd leave people to their own demise.

It's the Jesus in me that gives generously that volunteers, that extends a hand to help

It's the me in me that gets big and loud so that no one else can be heard, so that I will be. Proud and arrogant 

It's the Jesus in me that leads quietly, listens, and doesn't care if I get my way or even if I'm heard. Gentle and humble

It's the me in me that when I'm scared gets mean and angry

It's the Jesus in me that trudges on, even if I'm scared, because I know there is nothing that hand of God can't redeem or heal

It's the me in me who thinks people must always "earn it" 

It's the Jesus in me who donates to people going on missions that I think are lazy because they will carry out the call of God on their life.

That's just a few examples... I could go on for years...

I'm so thankful the Jesus in me is there

Comments