A to Z faith - never

Never

If there is one thing I've learned is that i should not tell God what I'm never going to do. Mostly because He knows WAY better than me.

I told him I never ever under no circumstances did I want to go to Haiti. Good thing He didn't listen to me because it's one of my favorite places on earth. I've learned some of my hardest and bestest lessons in Haiti.

Remember the first time I came to Germany? I was so excited and it ended up being a terrible!!!!!!! trip. I never wanted to come back here, EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!  But at the last minute (while in Haiti ha!) I found out I was coming for almost two weeks! Gah! But honestly this trip, though it would have been better with a friend, has been sooooooooo awesome!! I've been brave and done a lot of exploring (and walking)! I've learned a lot about myself and I'm certainly braver than I think or feel. When things got tough the other day I listened to the miracles in the gospel of Mark and the next day the teachings of Jesus in Matthew. CLING to the word of God!!

But it's not just about what I'm NEVER gonna do, it's about not bossing God.

I always wanted 6 kids (holy moly!) but I have one biological. You'd think I'd be sad... About what I'm missing. Except that I've got kids all over! Stitched in my heart. And certainly my schedule would be a lot harder with 6 kids.  Thankfully my friends keep having kids so I can be an auntie!! And enjoy doing fun things.

Now sometimes God gives me what I ask for, but I've learned to pray "if it's Your will, and if it's not, please give me peace to accept it".

As much as I'd like to have my own way, I NEVER want to do anything contrary to His will!

Comments