A to Z faith - people

Sometimes I think it's hard to love people. To make disciples. It's easy to plan, program, build things, but the actual loving people is difficult. Years ago God started speaking to me about relationships not just tasking it all the time. Tasking comes so easy for me. Box checking. 

Loving people who are different, broken, hard, addicted, and dirty and smelly, that's hard. It's easy to follow the rules that fit into the boxes of our lives is easy. 

There are certain things that make me a little crazy, when we fight about homosexuality, abortion, politics, or other things that are worldly, I'll tell you, no one wins when we're fighting, even if we say we are fighting in the name of Jesus. I read the other day a quote by my friend Bruxy (he's not really my friend but I wish he was!!!) he said "when we pick up our sword, we put down the cross". And he was not referring to the armor of God. And I might have audibly shouted "yes!"

I am far from perfect in this area. It is something God is continuing to work in my heart about people. Community center, community garden. Community. You cant have community (whether it's 5 or 500) without people. People matter. 

God surely is working in my heart about loving. Not just more but deeper. 

People matter. A lot 

Comments