A great long weekend

Thursday  was such a great day!!! I'm so blessed that I work for a company that believes in giving, and doing good in the community.

It's no doubt how much I love the city of Detroit. The love the fun, sparkley parts, and the parts that are a little dirty, but mostly I love the parts that serve those in the city.  

We served at Focus Hope. I thought we'd be working in the assembly line packing boxes but instead we broke down pallets staging it for the next crew to come in. OHMYWORD!!! It was soooooooooooo fun!

And then we went to Punch Bowl Social for lunch. It's a fun cool place. I was excited to go!!! We had a nice lunch, and the worst part about it was the $20 parking in the structure, but really it was fine.

It was the beginning to my weekend! I decided I'm gonna have a pretty chill weekend. I was supposed to go out of town but decided my best yes would be to stay home, take care of some things and take care of myself (this girl is in need of a pedi!!!)

Life has been a little crazy lately, I can't seem to slow down and I when things are nuts I can't hear God because it's too loud in my head. 

That's why I love equip on Thursday nights. It's a time when things slow down and it's time to pray and just be still.  There is something about being in the sanctuary of a church (even if it's an auditorium), breathing in Jesus.  It makes walls melt, craziness stop. 

Today I went to church to clean. I took the day off to take care of some things that was stacked up in my schedule and took the weekend "off" to take good care of myself and get somethings done. Plotted out how many bags of mulch I need, cleaned out my closet, planned meals for a successful week next week, plotted my schedule for cooking Mexican for MBK, grocery shopping, pedicure, massage. 

I'm not one who normally says I need me time. I can have me time when I'm dead, but I also recognize the need to take good care of myself. 

A weekend that included serving, taking care of my house, those I love, and myself. 

Life is crazy, and it's great, and I'm thankful for this weekend to stop the world for a moment. 

Comments