I'm (not really) a quitter

I'm a quitter.

Oh wait, I quit

That doesn't make me a quitter.

We came to manitou incline http://www.manitouincline.net

It's basically a mile straight up. There is a half way point that you can go to. I was pretty determined I was gonna make it all the way up. But about 100 steps into I was dying, I wanted to quit then. But I kept going mostly because Katie was cheering me on. 

My legs were burning, my heart was beating out of my chest, and I couldn't breathe. Did I want to at least make it half way? Yes. Did I think it would be that hard? No. Did I want to quit? No. But my body was saying "we are not going to make it" no matter how hard I tried to keep going.

So I quit.

And you might think I'd feel bad about that. Well, of course I wish I could have done it, but I went further than I've ever done and did something harder than I've ever done in my life. 

It was hard. Really hard. Really really really hard. And so I turned around. And it was even hard going down. And scary. 

I feel like maybe I should feel bad that I quit, but I don't. Because I went further than I've ever been and it was harder than anything I've ever done. So I feel like a winner ❤️

Comments