Lessons in gardening

And so it begins...

Today we planted the plants for the garden. It was such a fun time, even though it was a lot of work, many hands make light work. Yesterday I purchased the plants and today it was all mapped out for planting.

Getting the money to pay for the materials was stressful, scheduling (especially with my crazy schedule) 

But now it's the hard part, waiting for the fruit of our labor, being faithful in watering when it doesn't rain, pulling weeds after a long day of work.

That's when things get hard. It's the in between. When God calls me to something in the beginning it's exciting to see Him provide, to see it start to come together, and the end is always great because there is fruit. But the middle, the part where I need to remain faithful when there isn't much fun, or when things don't move as fast as I'd like... That's hard.

Faithful in the long haul. It's always hard and always worth it.

I'm so thankful for the path this far and I'm thankful for the times in the middle when God works in my heart, and thankful for the end, when no matter what it is, God reminds me He is faithful and doing what He asks has more benefits than I usually ever see.

I always need to remember that each day is not judged by the harvest that we reap but by the seeds that we plant 

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. (Galatians 6:9-10 NIV)

Comments