Let us love


There are days when I get a little annoyed and frustrated. 

I mean like I could just…  slap someone.  I mean like slap someone really hard. 

And then I read something like this…  Go ahead read it, I dare you, I double-dog-dare you.  Read it and don’t be moved.  It puts things into perspective.


As I sit in my air conditioned office, wearing nice clothes, knowing my own daughter is safe, last night my greatest issue was that I was soaked by rain after a walk with my friend, I know  those around me are safe, I pray for those in service (military, fire, police, EMT), praying for “those ISIS people” that God would change their hearts…  I find, I need to change my own heart. 

And sometimes I just say to myself, SHUT UP. You’re dumb.  People need to be loved, and you were put here to love.  I don’t know how you love people in the middle east so far away, how do I hug them and tell them it’s going to be ok, when I am not really sure that it is. I wasn’t called to that.  And it’s not like today, I am going to leave on a jet plane and go, I just wasn’t, at least not now.  And sometimes it makes me angry when people talk about the Muslims in Dearborn like they are cut from the same cloth as the ISIS people.  I want to scream “shut up” those are my friends, and quite frankly, they are less judgmental and kinder than some of the Christians I know.  Just love them, not because they are a “them” but because they are people, and all people need love.   Us and them is never the answer, it’s just not.  Hate is never the answer. 

I sit here thinking “what am I supposed to do God?  What are you requiring of me? You’ve shown me some crazy things over the last 8 months, You’ve moved my heart, and You’ve shown me the mistakes I’ve made even if I had good intentions of loving people, WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?”

I think of this scripture…

Micah 6:8 

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly[a] with your God.

But the truth is, I want to run, I want to go fast.  But running, in some direction isn’t going to get me to where God wants me to be.  Do you see that word? Humbly.  Humbly.  Humility.

This is not about me.  Yes, God is stirring in my heart to do something, but I AM NOT A SAVIOR.  God is a Savior, and let’s not miss that He is Lord.  Lord. 

Lord

someone or something having power, authority, or influence; a master or ruler (definition from here https://www.google.com/webhp?gws_rd=ssl#q=lord+definition)

Power and Authority

I don’t need power or authority, I need Jesus.  If I am really going to love, I need Him.  I need to walk, slowly, humbly, in the path He has guided.  But it’s not about moving, it’s about loving.  Every day.  We must move in the direction of Love, we must love, we must serve and love. Ok, maybe not we, but me.  I must do those things, I am not accountable to for you, and your actions, I am accountable for me.  (I need to remember this most at work, it’s hard for me here, like I get the choice to live two different lives?!) 

So thankfully God has ear-marked this day for me to serve dinner to some people that I love. Three letters, M B K.  one of my favorite days of the month, my day of serving.  It’s a day of smiling, love and hugs.  It’s a time of just being thankful that He has called me, that He has equipped me. 

Every day.  How will I love tomorrow?  How will I surrender me, to be more like Him? I don’t know. 

What will I do about that article I just read, because now that I have seen, I am responsible.  I am not sure what God has planned but my heart is open.  Whatever it is.

Let us love.

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth ~1 John 3:18

Let them know us by our love. 

Comments

Lynette Jacobs said…
Hi Margie...haven't been around for so very long...sorry about that. Ann Voskamp has a way of writing that absolutely cuts to the core.