Slowin' it down to breathe

You know that verse be slow to anger?

Here it is:

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. (James 1:19-20 NIV)

The truth is I'm not slow to do ANYTHING. Want something done? Give it to a busy person. Let's face it, I'm just this side of crazy and sometimes I'm the other side of crazy.  I annoy myself!!

I know that sometimes it takes a can do, kick butt, and take names spirit to get it done, however sometimes I need to slow down and really think these through.

To be honest, I've been under a ridiculous amount of stress. And in those times, I slow down.

It's a small thing, the cost of the wood for the garden boxes doubled in one week. I have no idea. So I did what every normal person does, I "yelped" lumber yards. I actually found one that I knew that was in the city and its closer to the garden and the wood was a lot cheaper!!

I started to laugh, I thought about all the times my dad would tell me "slow down" when I was a kid and be upset. "Just slow down Margie". That always drove me crazy. 

Slowing down has served me well. Helps me breathe easier, lead better, and feel better. There is a time when its "full steam ahead" but there are times I need to regroup. 

Today, I'm breathing.  And I'll steam ahead filling boxes with dirt! It's time to grow stuff!!!

Comments

Lynette Jacobs said…
Gardening...a perfect way to breathe deeply and destress xx