Happy heart!

I am not naturally "sporty". Nothing sporty comes easy for me, except for cheering!! Now I'm great at cheering!!! Except if Netta and I are watching a Red Wing's game, then we cheer when everyone else does because we were talking!! One time I went canoeing and I had never been before and literally was told to sit there and look pretty (I was a lot skinnier then)!

That being said I don't tend to like to do "exercisie" things with people because, well... I suck at it. Really bad. With really the exception of doing things with Katie. Katie is one of those people who seems to be good at everything, but i don't mind doing things with her because she's so encouraging!! I went kayaking last week (I think it was Sunday) and today we tried (both of our first times) paddle boarding. I knew it wasn't gonna be easy but why not try it?!?

So like most exercise things, I wasn't that great at it. So much so that the guy said (after teaching other people cool turning things) - "you'll probably just have to only focus on paddling for the next 6 or 7 times you go out". It seriously took everything I had in me not to cry!!! Yes it's true. I was so nervous, everyone who went was fit, and I am a chubster. My core is not as strong as it should be ( and this was a great motivator to work on that) and I hate looking stupid, which I'm sure I did. (Id also like to say that I bet that guy can't make food for 100
People like he's making food for 4 like I can).

I've had some people say some pretty discouraging things to me in the past, which always makes me nervous about starting/trying new things but it makes me especially thankful for friends who do half marathons with me or who do the incline with me and don't make me feel stupid when I can't finish, or who go paddle boarding and aren't embarrassed to be seen with me (or at least don't act like it)! Or the millions (ok maybe not millions) or people who supported my dream of starting a community garden!!! 

Good Friends make my heart happy!!



Comments