My shirt my heart

Today I leave to go to Colorado for a mission trip and to visit my framily. I'm wearing my Cody high school tshirt, well because it's clean and I love it.  

Sometimes I have the hardest time deciding what to wear because my wardrobe consists of mostly t-shirts. And the truth is, I like it that way. It's easy, economical, and people know what I stand for... But the latest one people might not like lol. But I don't care.

Today's shirt got a lot of attention. "Are you a Cody alumni?" No... Then I'd explain and talk about how great Cody HS is!!! But the last person or maybe latest person said "are you a Cody girl?" Why yes, yes I am :)

I've worked with a lot of organizations and I've done "good" in the name of Jesus, and there are always great moments and not so great moments.  Working with life remodeled was no different. But the other day "the buckets" and I watched the Cody High School and I remembered a lot of the good, and of course movies pick out the best parts, but I saw the end result, and my heart smiled, and I remembered the faces like Herb and Miss Ernestine who were so thankful that we were in their neighborhood helping and clearing blight.  I will always have a connection to that neighborhood because I drove through it my whole life and was there with my my gram, and investing my heart and time there. 

Am I an alumni at Cody HS? No.

Am I a Cody girl? Absolutely.

I wouldn't mind living over there. Lol but everyone else might if I do. 

Comments

Hope you're enjoying the sunshine and escape from the rain ... well, worldly rain ... but may His rain flood you with love and blessings and remind you who you are in Him!

~Matt