Ramblings....

Its they day after the mission trip and I'm tired and to be honest this was the easiest mission trip I think I've ever been on (with the exception that I worked almost 18 hours while being on vacation)

We worked at the coolest community garden and walked around downtown Denver learning about the homeless. And some other various projects. 

Honestly I forgot how much I loved and missed youth ministry which scares me. Lol

It was a really great week and I am super thankful that I was able to serve Jesus this way. My life just seems different, running until I can't run any longer, trying to sprint a Marathon are just not things I want to do. 

A lot of people seem to be reading/studying Lysa TerKeurst's book "best yes" and loving it because I think it strikes a cord with so many because we push ourselves to exhaustion trying to be everybody's everything (or maybe it was just me) and I am all for loving and serving others but sacrifice is not the same as people pleasing. I've learned because God made me, that serving at a normal capacity (I think my normal might be more than others - but remember we measure ourselves by God's ruler not anyone else's) is fun, heart changing, fruit growing AND bearing.

There's lessons in everything. I have learned that God really speaks to my heart on mission trips, near or far and anywhere in between! Especially when our lives are lived missional.

This verse has been all over my heart this week!!

But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required. (Luke 12:48 NLT)

Comments