A small accomplishment

So yesterday I was walking around our church neighborhood and I noticed this building that's across the street from the school right near our church. The front is still standing but the back is burnt out and it looks like a jungle. 

You know how in our lives we can't unhear something or unsee something ?

Well last year when we were signing up for Life Remodeled I remembered that one of the speakers had said that girls couldn't ride the bus because the street lights were burnt out and the areas were so over grown that they were getting kidnapped. And you know what? That's not ok with me. It's just not and I make no apologies for that. 

And so when I saw that crazy jungle that really wasn't ok with me either. And I make no apologies for that. So i posted about it and some friends said they would help!  I have to pick a day.  But in the mean time... All day that building was on my heart. So I came home and made dinner and decided to go... Do something. 

All I have is mostly gardening tools lol. You'd be surprised what a willing attitude and a pair of hand pruning sheers can do!!!

I know that people talk to me and think I'm nuts and sometimes make fun of me. They do, I hear them, but I don't care. I laugh right along with them, because I know it's weird. 
I know it's weird to think I can change the world. I'm just a single mom who has not much. And when it comes to talent, a frying pan, a broom, and some small gardening tools is all I got. But sometimes, it's just small things that we need to make a difference to someone. 

You see, I know that it was just a couple bushes today, and next week it might be a bigger area, but now I know there isn't a place for someone to hide to harm children, or no little varmits  will be hiding those bushes that carry disease. And that means tonight, I can sleep a little easier, until tomorrow when it's time to do something else.  

“Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.”  1 John 3:18 NIV

Comments